Thursday, December 12, 2013

sewing machine cover

I am having a singer talent 3321 sewing machine which I received as a gift from my DH for my birthday.  I found a tutorial for sewing a cover here.  Thanks to Vanessa.  Here I have used the fabrics from my worn out night dresses.  I was not perfect in my attempt but I am happy that I have tried one and it fits my machine.  Also I have used the embroidered piece which makes me more happy.  It is a chikankari  embroidery paisley and I have a post about it here. 

 
For the edge of the cover instead of using the bias binding I have used a satin ribbon and it works out perfectly. 
 
I have started to sew different blocks used in quilts with the old fabrics as a process of recycling.  I will come up with that in the coming posts. 
 
Till then, Happy embroidering and sewing.   

3 comments:

  1. You have the most stylish sewing machine cover! Who would have guessed it is made up of old night dresses! The embroidery makes it very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Wonderful way of using an old night dress. I love reusing stuff too. I too had a SINGER sewing machine in India. I have left it now at my mum's place. I used it for altering my dresses :-) But not making things from scratch.I would love to learn sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether you sew each day or just once per month, it's imperative to keep your sewing machine secured when you're not utilizing it.My name is Nagaraj I'm working in this website My opinion is Covering your sewing machine averts soil, tidy, and pet hair from getting inside the apparatuses, which will incredibly develop the life of your machine. Not just that, it keeps your sewing space more composed and regardless of the possibility that you sew in an open room of your home, a decent cover shrouds your machine

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/