Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Crochet Hexagon baby blanket - Ta......da.....

Hi friends

Hope all r doing well.  From my side I am busy crocheting for a sale in my church in September.  I have completed some projects and one is a hexagon crochet blanket.  Whenever I see a hexagon in crochet it tempts me to start something on it.  This time I started with a plan of doing a blanket for a single bed.  But I ended up doing a baby blanket. I like to crochet hexagons.  But I didn't like the joining part.  So much to join and so many odd ends. So I finished it into a baby blanket.  On the whole it is a relaxing process.  This is my finished blanket.



I made 5 hexagon flowers with 7 hexagons.  Each hexagon is a of 5 rounds of solid granny hexagon .  Around that I added 12 hexagons to make another round.  Then made half hexagon flower to bring the blanket to rectangle shape.


For joining I place two hexagons with the right sides together and sew then thru the corresponding back loops. 



Yarn used : 4 ply acrylic yarn from pradhan.
Hook used : 4 mm
Pattern: Solid granny hexagon.  

I am happy that I have completed this blanket within a short period  concentrating only on this.  One more crochet bag is completed.  Waiting for a zipper to get attached.  It will take only an hour to do it.  But it is getting postponed.  I don't know why this happens with most of my projects.  Final touch takes a long time.  Now a days I am addicted to see the videos of creative grandma in you tube.  She teaches crochet stitches that creates a nice texture and have done some swatches watching her videos.  As my next crochet project I am planning to make another bag with one of those stitches.

On my embroidery hoop now

Will come up about this in my next post.  Till then, Happy crocheting and embroidering.

5 comments:

  1. Your blanket is beautiful. Of course the boring part is joining and weaving in the ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone says it: the crocheting is fun, the joining is boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors for the blanket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that's a lovely crochet hexie blanket.. at first look I thought it is quilted 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its awesome,Shami. Like Nima I too thought it was quilted and was wondering why you called it crocheted :) It's really beautiful!! I don't have the patience to do a blanket. I managed a dress,though :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/