I am here with two crochet purses and an update with my mega cross stitch project.
First the purses.
Stitch used : Primrose stitch
I used 8 ply yarn for this. This stitch gives a thick dense texture. So I didn't give any lining to the purse.
Stitch used : Crossed double stitch
I used local acrylic yarn for this. I am not happy with the way it turned out. When I saw the tutorial in the above link I thought there will be small holes after crocheting. But it leaves somewhat big holes and it needs lining. I didn't line it coz I am going to keep the threads for the smalls cross stitch projects.
Now onto the update on my mega cross stitch project. It's been months I have given an update on this project. 1/4th of the chart has been completed(9 pages). Still I have to work on 27 pages. A long way to go. Now I am concentrating on this with an aim of 100 stitches a day. Not more than that.
AFTER completing the first set of pages.
Hope by the mid of next month I will try to finish the first page of second part.
For the last two month I didn't stitch the fairies for the smalls SAL. So not I am catching it now. Will come back with those fairies in my next post.
We have a set of four cushions in the sofa. Planning to do a quilt block cotton fabric sofa cover for those cushions as the cover that came along with those cushions released so much of heat during summer. So before next summer I should finish those four cushion covers. Fabrics are ready. Will come up with those details in a separate post.
Thanks for watching my space. Have a happy time with needle, thread and hooks.