Sunday, January 29, 2017

Smalls SAL - January fairy

Last year I participated in the smalls SAL hosted by Heather of Stitching Lotus.  But I was not regular in posting each month.  So this year I have decided to stitch the Lucie heaton fairies and at last I will be framing it.    So here is the January fairy.


A closeup

I have stitched this on 14ct aida with two strands of anchor embroidery threads.  Back stitches are done with 1 strand.  It took nearly 4 hrs to finish this fairy.  The border looks plain. so I thought of adding some more stitches to make it fancier.  Will show it in my next months SAL.

Also I am stitching the rainbow sal .  It is an interesting one for those who love mono color cross stitch.  Borders are worked in two colors and each blocks in different colors.  you can finish  a block in one or two sittings.   Here is my block1.


I am linking this post to smalls SAL -January check in here.  You can find so many interesting smalls stitched by other cross stitchers.

I have done with a set of pillow cases and my granny stripe blanket is growing nicely.  I will come up with pillow cases in my next post.  Till then happy cross stitching.

10 comments:

  1. It's a charming fairy, and stitching in only one colour must be relaxing and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fairy is so cute. Are you making all fairies on single piece of fabric?
    Good progress on the Rainbow SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute fairy!! How long is your one sitting? No matter how long I sit for stitching, I hardly get an inch done. I am either watching a lot of TV or I am a very slow stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little fairy. Your rainbow sal block is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute fairy! I love monochromatic color scheme so looking forward to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fairy is so cute and your Rainbow SAL is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your Rainbow Sal is so very pretty. Thank you for sharing the link to the SAL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fairy look super cute & your Rainbow Sal is coming up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairy is real cute. Waiting to see the rainbow SAL.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/