Thursday, January 5, 2017

Embroidery start up and plans for 2017

Hi all,

We r in the 5th day of Jan and it looks like the days are running.  I have started up my crafty journey with these two embroidered flowers.  Last year I didn't stitch up any surface embroidery.  I was more into kasuti work and kutch work.  So, to refresh me t have stitched these two designs.  hope all of you like it.



Small flowers are worked in fly stitch.  For all the stitches I used two strands of thread. I will come up with more embridered flowers this year.  I will be finishing these pieces of embroidery as a wall hanging quilt. 

This new year I didn't take any resolutions.  But I have decided to be happy with what I have.  I will try to be patient whatever situations may be and should accept the ups and downs if any with a calm mood.  

On the crafty front, I am continuing with the granny stripe blanket, Mega cross stitch project and the kasuti sampler.  

This year I am participating in the smalls SAL cross stitch.  Last year I was not regular in this SAL.  So this year I have selected the Lucie heaton fairies chart to stitch and framing in the end of the year.  Also, Started to do the rainbow SAL. The borders and the first part are published.  Any of you want to do cross stitching with no color changes often this SAL is for you.  Each block is stitched up in one color.

Apart from these, I have the following plans for 2017.

  1. Finish Praying hands cross stitch(for sale in church)
  2. Needlepoint wall hanging kit
  3. Long stitch kit (These two kits are with me for a long time)
  4. Kasuti embroidery kurti
  5. Embroidered saree(Planning to do with kantha embroidery motifs)
  6. 5 crochet bags and 5 purses(interlocking crochet)(for sale in church)
  7. Practice long and short stitch(L&S) and finish atleast one small project using L&S
All these project will take time and if I get bored I will be stitching small motifs or flowers or practice designs in any new forms of embroidery(like hardanger, needlepoint).

I have some more small designs and a big finishes to show you from last years crafty journey.  Will come back with the embroidered patches.  Till then happy crafting.

3 comments:

  1. You have made many plans for 2017. I hope you can find the time and opportunity to complete them all.
    The two floral motifs you have made are just awesome! Looking forward. to seeing more of your 'garden' this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom does great embroidery and always keep learning new stitches.
    Great plans for 2017.let's see the big cross stitch project now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... that was energizing to read your plans for this year

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/