Thursday, September 8, 2016

Crochet Stitches in purses

Hello all,

Hope all r doing good.  Thanks for the comments on my previous post.  On first Sunday of every September we use to have a IMS(Indian Missionary Society) sale in our church for raising funds for the missionaries.Last year we put up a stall and to my surprise all my crocheted items have been sold out.  This year I didn't have much items to exhibit in the stall so I made some purses in the past week. I didn't search for patterns, instead I have practiced some stitches and then turned those pieces into purse and here are they.




This pattern is taken from favecrafts.com.  The name of the pattern is Two Tone tote. You can view it here.  For the flap I have followed a youtube tutorial.  If I come across that link I will update this post with the link.

On seeing me crocheting purses my kids asked me to do a purse for their teachers to gift them for teacher's day.  And I have crocheted two purse using moss stitch.  For all the purse I attach magnetic closure.  Only for basket weave stitch purse I attached the zipper.




My embroidery kurti projects are in the finishing stage.  Last week since I am into crocheting these purses I was not able to complete it.  This week I am targeting to finish a crocheted cover for sofa which I have started two three months back.  I need one more day to finish it.  After that I will be concentrating on kurtis and decided to finish it within 15th sep.  So wish me good luck.  My next post will be on two crocheted doilies. So do watch my space.  Till then, Happy crocheting.


6 comments:

  1. great job...

    all the purses looks unique...super..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made lot of lovely purses!! I am busy with Ganesh Chaturthi, a 5 day religious affair for us since Monday, so could not do any crafting. Hopefully, this weekend I will complete my remaining crochet cushions.
    Good luck for your kurti finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been, and will continue to be, very busy. I am sure the purses sold like hot cakes.
    I have never heard of Teachers' Day but think it is good for students to celebrate their teacher, and the purses would be good gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purses .. They all look super :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty purses.. how did mission sale go?

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/