Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Kasuti Yoke

kasuti embroidery is the one with geometrical shape. when worked perfectly it gives an elegant look.  I have learned kasuti embroidery through Mridulas school  of embroidery that too thru distance education.  After that i have purchased a book from them which have detailed explanation with the patterns, routes and diagram for churidhar tops.  from the book i have worked one yoke pattern that can be stitched later.  I have worked in a black color silk cotton fabric.

The pattern consists of motifs, filler patterns that altogether forms the shape of a necklace with a pendant.  I have used anchor cotton embroidery floss. Have a look at the work and give  your feedbacks.


Close up of the pendant motif.


one more closeup.

Now I am working on the matching border for this yoke.  I will be back with another post in crochet.  Till then, Happy embroidering.

8 comments:

  1. that is so pretty, I love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work Shami. How long it took for completing this work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Shami. Would Mridulas school sell the Kasuti book to anyone? How big is the book and the cost? How would I get in touch with them. If you would please publish their address. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shami, Very nice Kasuti Work. Kindly can you mail me one kasuti design pattern for Kurti.. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz to ashameghraj@yahoo.co.in
    Regards
    Asha Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, your work is just amazing. Kudos on that. Can you pls help me in my challenge with kasuti? How to draw the design symmetrically on cloth. If I am doing multiple motifs then this is the problem I face. Pls suggest. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, your work is just amazing. Kudos on that. Can you pls help me in my challenge with kasuti? How to draw the design symmetrically on cloth. If I am doing multiple motifs then this is the problem I face. Pls suggest. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/