Monday, March 11, 2013

Kutch Work Neck

Today I am showing you my kutch work Neck design.  The design in the center part is taken from Nirmala C. Mistry "Embroidery designs Blouses".    Kutch work is done using cone thread.  The scalloped part of the neck is  Braid stitch or cable plait stitch. I have learned it from here. Done this work on a lavender color plain 2x2 cloth.  Now I have to search for a cloth so that I can fit this yoke.  Planning to do border if I find the matching cloth for this yoke.  Waiting for your feedbacks.
 
You can find great kutch work tutorials here.  Thanks to Bhavani for helping me to learn kutch work free of cost.
 
 
Close up of the neck.
 
 
Sorry for the picture quality since it is taken through mobile camera.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your work looks good Shami. Just one suggestion. The kutchwork will look better if the border is spaced a little bit more away from it. Even if you are tracing patterns from design books alter it to suit your taste. It is a little bit of extra work. But you'll find it worth the time and effort.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/